[annodex-announce] libannodex 0.7.3 Released
conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Feb 7 13:50:12 EST 2006
libannodex 0.7.3 Release
libannodex is a C library providing a simple programming interface for reading
and writing Annodex media. Annodex is an open standards based technology that
extends the World Wide Web's hyperlinking, searching, and compositing
infrastructure to time-continuous data, enabling video surfing, searching for
clips of audio and video files using ordinary Web search engines, and
on-the-fly composition of a video on a Web server from previously annodexed
clips. For more information on Annodex, see http://www.annodex.net/
This release is available as a source tarball at:
New in this release
This is a bugfix and maintenance release.
* anxrip: report timebase as 0 if unspecified
* various build system fixes
* Closed tickets:
#163 use the correct granulepos on cmml eos packet.
The libannodex source distribution comprises the C library libannodex,
plugins for importing CMML and Ogg media (Theora, Vorbis and Speex), and
the command-line tools anxenc, anxrip, anxgrep and anxinfo.
libannodex provides the following features:
* API documentation, with comprehensive examples
* Developed and tested on GNU/Linux, Darwin/MacOSX and Win32. May
work on other Unix-like systems via GNU autoconf. For Win32: nmake
Makefiles, Visual Studio .NET 2003 solution files and Visual C++ 6.0
workspace files are provided in the source distribution.
* A simple, callback based open/read/close or open/write/close
interface to Annodex media and embedded CMML clips.
* Plugin based importing framework, providing temporal interleaving
of multiple media and annotations data sources.
Full documentation of the libannodex API, customization and installation,
and reading and writing examples can be read online at:
The libannodex source tarball also contains the following command-line tools,
which are useful for creating and inspecting Annodex media:
* anxenc: Encapsulate annotations and data into annodexed media.
* anxrip: Extract annotations and data tracks from annodexed media.
* anxgrep: Search for a pattern in annodexed media files.
* anxinfo: Display information about annodexed media contents.
libannodex is Free Software, available under a BSD style license.
More information is available online at the libannodex homepage:
Senior Software Engineer, Continuous Media Web, CSIRO Australia
More information about the annodex-announce